8 Cool Things for Toddlers to do at Home and Without Toys - From a Stay at Home Mom Who Knows
Are you looking for things for your toddler to do? Here is a quick list of activities to do with your infant no more. Even if they aren't walking yet, there's plenty of fun stuff for your toddler without resorting to beeping, flashing plastic toys to keep them entertained.
1) Blow Bubbles outside, and make bathtime super fun by blowing bubbles while they are in the tub. California Baby makes some great bubble solution that is natural and comes with bubble wands.
2) Set out a large white sheet of paper on the floor along with some wide crayons made for toddlers. We like to keep our crayons in a small plastic storage container (think rubbermaid). We pour them all out and practice drawing and scribbling. Then we play "I pick, you pick" with the crayons and each turns picking our favorite color. Then put the crayons into the box, and pour them out again.
3) Sing some songs that are interactive - we like The Hokey Pokey, Wheels on the Bus, Itsy Bitsy Spider, I'm a Little Teapot.
4) Jump on your bed - play One Little Monkey Jumping on the Bed and bounce your toddler up and down and then throw them back on the pillows. Another bed game is to let your toddler lay flat or sit on your bed while you take your sheet and fluff it up like a parachute above their head. Our daughters love this game and clamor for it at least once a day.
5) Hide and Seek - Your toddler loves to play this game and even though it will be a long time before he or she could properly hide, they will delight in having you find them again and again.
6) Build a House out of some chairs and a blanket, then have a little picnic in your house. Invite some teddy bears, dolls, or favorite toys along and serve up a plate of small cut up fruit - banana slices, blueberries and grapes and mini sandwiches for a great afternoon.
7) Obstacle Course - throw down some couch cushions and pillows and use some spare boxes or toy storage to make a little obstacle course - show your toddler how to crawl, walk, run, jump through the course. If you have one of those expandable tunnels, it's great, but you can make your own with a sheet and an ottoman.
8) Laundry - nothing delights a toddler more than grabbing socks, shirts and other clothes from the laundry bin so let them. Teach them the concept of matching through socks as you both try to dig through and help each sock find its match.